The presence of a sore jaw, a stiff neck, facial discomfort, or painful earaches are all signs of a TMJ condition. That said, at B.TOX.BAR we offer TMJ injectable treatments to help relieve those symptoms and prevent them from happening in the future.
Understanding and Managing Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
It’s not always easy to determine what the particular factors are that lead to having a TMJ condition. That said, pain in the TMJ region can be caused by a wide range of various circumstances. In most cases, temporomandibular joint disorder is brought on by a confluence of hereditary predisposition, trauma to the jaw, repetitive stress, or arthritis. TMJ is also more prone to occur in those who clench their teeth or grind their teeth on a regular basis.
How do TMJ Treatments Work?
Neurotoxin injections such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin can help relieve the pain and muscle spasms caused by temporomandibular joint disorder. The injections work by temporarily stopping the pain and spasms in the jaw muscles.
When Botox or other neurotoxins are injected into a muscle, it blocks the nerve signals that tell the muscle to contract. This can make muscle spasms and pain less severe and make it easier to open and close the jaw. Also, the injections can be used to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead that are caused by too much muscle movement.
Benefits Of TMJ Injections
When it comes to the treatment of TMJ, the use of neurotoxic injections, such as Botox, may offer a number of possible benefits, including the following:
- Stop muscle spasms and pain – Botox can be used to temporarily paralyze the jaw muscles, which can help decrease the discomfort and muscular spasms associated with temporomandibular joint disorder.
- Improved capacity to open and shut the jaw – Botox has been shown to be effective in decreasing muscular spasms, which can lead to improved jaw function.
- Provide relief without the daily use of medication – Injections of Botox can give relief from pain without the need for oral medicine, which might have negative side effects.
- Non-invasive option – Injections of Botox or neurotoxins are one method that does not need surgery or invasive procedures for full relief from the symptoms.
- Painless injections – TMJ injections are known as a painless treatment, with patients experiencing little to no discomfort.
Who is a Candidate for TMJ Treatments?
TMJ injections with neurotoxins like Botox are not appropriate for every patient. Those with temporomandibular joint dysfunction who also suffer from jaw discomfort and muscular spasms are the greatest candidates for this therapy option.
That being said, it’s also crucial to keep in mind that some people may not be suitable candidates for Botox injections, including those who are nursing or pregnant, have neuromuscular diseases, or take blood thinners.
The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for TMJ injections is to meet with our medical experts one-on-one for a proper examination and assessment.
Book Your TMJ Treatment at B.TOX.BAR
If you believe that you are experiencing discomfort as a result of a TMJ condition, consulting our experts who have received the required training is your first and best option. Make an appointment for a consultation with B.TOX.BAR experts by giving us a call or filling out a contact form with your information.
Schedule aBOOK ONLINE
CANCELLATION POLICY: In order to best serve our clients, we require a 72-hour cancellation notice for PDO thread lifts appointments and 24-hour notice for all other services. Any cancellations made with less notice are subject to a $75 cancellation fee.